The Cisco Networking Academy Program is a comprehensive e-learning program that provides students with the Internet technology skills essential in a global economy. The Networking Academy delivers web-based content, online assessment, student performance tracking, hands-on labs, instructor training and support, and preparation for industry standard certifications. Shalom IT Center has therefore been officially granted the envied status of a Cisco Local Academy under the name Europa Networking – Harambee Networking – Shalom IT Center since September 2005.
This is the foundation level of Cisco Networking Program.It is divided into four Levels.
The CCNA Routing and Switching curriculum consists of four modules:
- Introduction to Networks (ITN) is the first module in the Cisco CCNA Routing and Switching curriculum teaching students the architecture, structure, functions and components of the Internet and other computer networks. By the end of the course, students will be able to build simple LANs, perform basic configurations for routers and switches, and implement IP addressing schemes.
- Routing and Switching Essentials is the second cmodule in the CCNA Routing and Switching curriculum teaching students how to configure a router and a switch for basic functionality. By the end of this course, students will be able to configure and troubleshoot routers and switches and resolve common issues with RIPv1, RIPng, single-area and multi-area OSPF, virtual LANs, and inter-VLAN routing.
- Scaling Networks is the third module in the CCNA Routing and Switching curriculum teaching students how to configure routers and switches for advanced functionality. By the end of this course, students will be able to configure and troubleshoot routers and switches and resolve common issues with OSPF, EIGRP, and STP.
- Connecting Networks is the fourth and final module in the CCNA Routing and Switching curriculum covering the WAN technologies and network services employed by converged applications in a complex network. By the end of this course, students will be able to configure and troubleshoot network devices and resolve common issues with data link protocols
Proficiency in computer packages, Knowledge in professional courses like A+ and Network+ is an added advantage.
Duration: 6 Months
Students who successfully complete this portion of the program are eligible to earn Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA™) certification.
- Cisco Certification validates an individual’s achievement, so it increases the holder’s professional credibility by ensuring high standards of technical expertise.
- CCNA validates knowledge of networking for small to big enterprises. It also confirms the ability to work in small businesses or organizations.
- It confirms the ability to install, configure, operate, and troubleshoot medium-sized route and switched networks, including implementation and verification of connections to remote sites in a Wide Area Network.
Other courses under the CISCO academy
- IT Essentials
- CCNP ( Cisco Certified Network Professional)