This prepares students for a career in graphic design. Graphic designers are typically responsible for graphic design production and pre-press production.
Graphic Designers create corporate branding and identification, logos, business cards, letterhead, newsletters, brochures, flyers, postcards and are responsible for the creation of publication marketing collateral. The Multimedia program provides the latest software and hardware to students in the graphic design certificate program.
Faculty members have extensive industry experience and their expertise is critical to the success of students in this exciting and creative field.
- Graphic Designer
- Print Designer
- Digital illustrator
- Adobe Photoshop – Photographs are used in different publications; to enhance the appearance of these images, Photoshop is used. It therefore enables advanced editing of photographs.
- Adobe Illustrator – It is a component of the Adobe Suite which enables one to develop graphics from scratch of edit existing documents. Advertisements, logos and major graphics can be developed using this programme.
- Adobe PageMaker – It is a desktop publishing package used in developing publications like business cards, brochures, etc.
- Corel Draw – It is ideal for the designing of logos, letterheads and other publications created from scratch.
- Microsoft Publisher – It is an entry-level desktop publishing application from Microsoft.